- Swedish Parliamentarian Argues International community to recognize Somaliland’s independence
- Somaliland marks 22 years of independence
- President Silanyo hosts Independence Day Celebratory Events at Presidential Palace
- Somaliland Citizens Convey Message to International Community
- Vice President spends Independence Day Celebrations with UK’s Diaspora Community
Puntland not party to Chevening Declaration
HARGEISA (Horn) – The tribal enclave of Puntland has distanced its administration from the Chevening declaration. According to Abdirahman Mohamed Farole the enclave president,
will not honour any agreements entered upon by Somaliland and the Transitional Federal Government due to what he, Farole, termed as alienation from the process by the TFG president Sheikh Sharif
The Puntland stand was supported by the Khatuumo secessionists who had in earlier days been hand clappers of the SL-TFG talks following their perception that all outcomes will favour their session from Somaliland. After the non-discussion of issues related to unification or separation of the two states the Khatuumoist made a rapid about-turn thus their support of their god-fathers in Garowe.
The negative response by the two bedfellows of Puntland and Khatuumo whose only common ground is their vowed destruction of Somaliland is a clear indication that the SL-TFG talks fronted by Britain are moving in the right direction, the direction of attaining long sought peace in the Horn and recognition of Somaliland.