- President Silanyo Issues Stern Diplomatic Rejection to United Nations
- Somaliland Government Declares Why It Would Not Host UNSOM Office in Hargeisa
- VOA Hosts Debate on the Growing Emergence of Human Trafficking
- Egypt crisis delayed Ethiopia’s approval of Nile water deal, says minister
- Swedish Parliamentarian Argues International community to recognize Somaliland’s independence
Somaliland: Uganda invites Basketballers
By: Abdikarim Abdisalam
Edited by: Yumoha Pasha
Hargeisa (Hornnewspaper) - The national basketball team is to participate in an international tournament in Uganda.
The national basketball team players who are heavily training for the east and central Africa inter-cities basketball trophy competitions to be held in Uganda mid-April say that they will bring the trophy back to the country as they are in the best of shape.
In an exclusive interview with Horn Newspaper the chairman of the Somaliland basketball Federation Mr. Mahmoud Hasan Abdilahi “Qodah” Said “as basketball committee we thank the Uganda Basketball federation the tournament hosts for accepting our our request to participate in the regional games”.
And as far as basketball is concerned this will not be the first time Somaliland to be seen in the outside world for an international completion, however,
the national team which is heavily preparing for this competition will participate as Somaliland as Mr. mohamoud urges “ yes will shall participate the games as Somaliland, it was in our request to represent our country as Somaliland and not as Somalia, therefore we were allowed for that”.
Mr.Ahmed added “I was a referee in the last regional competitions held in Burao, and I tell you basketball skills have improved much in our country indeed”.
It’s not yet known whether the team will be escorted by some government officers which airport Hargeisa or Berbera international airport, the team will depart from.